23 May 2018

Schools Out for Summer!!


Last Day of school!! One of the best days of the year around here. The kids are ready to relax from the demands of homework and honestly so am I. I'm ready to have them home with me. Usually summer is filled with baseball but our youngest decided not to play this summer. He is concentrating on Soccer. His reasoning, the coaches yelled too much in baseball, he just wanted to have fun with friends. In all reality, most of these kids will never play past high school, some will play in college but most just want to enjoy the game and their friends. But soccer is his first love anyway.





Camping will be on the calendar along with chores, reading, and multiplication facts. Hanging out with friends, ice cream, swimming, late night stargazing, gardening and catching fireflies in mason jars. I love the joys summer brings.

One thing near and dear to my heart over the summer is my summer book club.  I meet with 2 other amazing Catholic ladies who are on fire for their faith. Last year we read Born to Soar by Melissa Overmyer. We really learned a lot from each other. We haven't decided on this summer's book as of yet but I think I will start a new set of posts for the book club in case you would like to start one with your friends. It has been such a blessing to me and just something that brings me happiness and peace.

I hope your summer is one you're anticipating with joy. As we all know these summer days go so fast and our children are growing up and they will soon be leaving our nest. Take time to enjoy the blessings and moments of complete joy this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are blessings of new friends.