30 December 2017

Happy New Year and Welcome!

                WELCOME! I am excited to be blogging again. My first blog Myrtle and May was more
of a family keepsake and I decided it should be kept more private. I'm ready to begin again and make this blog more about home keeping and blessing our homes. I'm not an expert by any means but I do know how to cook, can, garden, paint, hang wallpaper, hand embroider, and I've been a parent for over 24 years. I love learning and hope to learn more from the comments (if I'm blessed enough to have someone find me) so I can try new ideas as well as sharing some of mine. I'm really looking forward to being able to stay at home with my family after 25 years working outside my home. I take care of my dear Dad who is 94 years old and lives with us, and my four kids who range in age from 24-11. Yes, my home is full. But my heart is full of love for all of them.
I'm learning more about technology each year but still have so much to grasp. Just so you know, I took my typewriter to college! So be patient with me as I figure it all out. Maybe we can learn together.
My husband and I recently purchased a 1994 motorhome and can't wait for the summer camping season to start. We will start out slowly until we get the hang of all the workings of the coach. I have to tell you that the last couple of places we've stayed, although nice, just felt dirty and worn to me. I'm having a hard time sleeping on sheets and beds where everyone else has slept. So therefore we decided to travel in a motorhome. Takin' my bed with me!
We have lived in our current home for 9 years now. It is in need of some sprucing up at the moment. So I will document that journey here as well. Nothing magazine worthy but it will end up being nice and to our budget and taste. Budget being the key word. Thanks for stopping by I hope to read your comments soon.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are blessings of new friends.